Light but filling, this nutty and fruity vegetarian dish takes just 20 minutes to prepare – and leftovers will do for packed lunch. It can also work as a side dish, for meat dishes or added in a leafy salad.
Ingredients (for 6 persons):
• 500 g couscous (whole wheat is recommended)
• 300 ml chicken/ vegetable stock
• 120 g evoo (we recommend using 22ÆC)
• 80 g Corinth raisins (soaked for 20 mins in 50ml black rum or cognac or water, if you wish)
• 75 g almonds, finely chopped
• 125 g PDO Aegina pistachio kernels
• Zest from 2 lemons and juice from 1
• ½ bunch of fresh spearmint/ mint/ sage
• Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Firstly, mix the couscous in a bowl, boil the stock and pour it over the couscous while it is hot, then cover and leave to stand for 5 mins. You can cover it with some cling film or even a plate for those 5 mins until it absorbs all the water. Fluff up couscous with a couple of forks and drizzle the extra virgin olive oil. Add the raisins, the almond flakes, the Aegina pistachios, the lemon juice as well as the zest and the spearmint. Stir through, season and serve. Enjoy!